Baked Kale Chips
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 10 Min Ready In: 20 Min
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Black Spanish Radish Slaw
(This could also be good without the cabbage )
- 2-3 black Spanish radishes, scrubbed and grated
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots, any color
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green or red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, or mint leaves
In a bowl toss together the radishes, the cabbage, the carrots, the onion, the lemon juice, the sugar, the oil, the herb, and salt and pepper to taste.
Balsamic Glazed Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 3 Min Cook Time: 35 Min Ready In: 38 Min Yeild: 6 servings
- 1 peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix to coat the squash.
- Place squash on a nonstick baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake until the squash is tender and brown about 30 to 35 minutes making sure to flip the squash after 15 minutes. Serve hot.